Grace's Mosaic Moments


Saturday, August 20, 2022

Farro Salad Recipe + Gallery

 [Next Mosaic Moments - September 3, 2022]


Another priceless blooper found on Facebook.

Or maybe the Chinese - or whoever made this label - 
really think we're that stupid???

 Not that there aren't times I wonder . . .


Willow & Buffy

I'm told the wicker stand is supposed to hold toilet paper! 
(Willow & Buffy are sisters, Buffy born among the first, 
Willow the runt of the litter.

 

Willow & Buffy look far more content than my Squeak, who appears annoyed as she waits for her nightly treats (which I distribute to each tower layer from top to bottom, making her work for them).

And yes, she cleans them out in about 20 seconds flat.

 ~ * ~

I saw a recipe in the newspaper I couldn't resist, even though I knew it would be far more than one person could eat. Fortunately, we had an impromptu family party last Saturday night, and I was able to debut it to a crowd. The approval rate was high enough I felt I should share the recipe on Mosaic Moments (with a few of twists here & here).  

 

FARRO SALAD w/ARTICHOKES & OLIVES

 Kosher salt (such as Diamond Crystal) & pepper
1 cup farro, rinsed & drained
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar* (more, if needed)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (more, if needed)
1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives,** sliced in half lengthwise
About 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts from a jar, coarsely chopped***
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
¼ cup chives, cut to desired length
 
* Due to my allergies to additives in wine, I used cider vinegar.
**Being lazy, I used a small can of pre-sliced black olives (faster but not as tasty)
***I chose Baby Marinated Artichoke Hearts and sliced them up by hand.

Cook farro to package directions; drain & cool. (Farro is less likely to turn mushy if allowed to cool 15-20 minutes spread out on a flat sheet pan or large plate.)

Transfer farro to mixing bowl. Add vinegar, oil, ½ teaspoon salt & stir to combine. Add olives, artichokes, feta, dill, red onion, & chives. Season with black pepper to taste. Add more salt, vinegar & oil as needed. May be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 days.

~ * ~

 For a link to Blair's website, click here.

 For a link to Blair's Facebook Author Page  click here.

 

Thanks for stopping by,

Grace (Blair Bancroft)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment