Grace's Mosaic Moments


Saturday, August 12, 2017

Blair Turning a New Leaf

The grandgirls went back to school this week, an early date even for Florida. (I don't know what Seminole County was thinking. Maybe anticipating more hurricanes this fall?) And as I was searching for a photo to suit Back-to-School week, I recalled the marvelous cartoon that hung on the walls in my family's various homes for as long as I can remember. And which, since my mother's death, I had hanging on my own wall - until I moved to Longwood. Fortunately, I quickly located it in a cardboard container in my office, and here it is. This cartoon was blown up and framed by a friend of my father's back when my father was a high school principal. (Probably c. 1940-41 when we lived in Mansfield, Massachusetts.) So no, that's not a staged "period" cartoon. It's the real thing. The caption reads:  "Run along home, darling. Mother is going to make sure you get promoted this term."







Shopping for School Supplies

 ~ * ~

Blair - Turning Over a New Leaf

The recent RWA national convention in Orlando pummeled my mind with myriad new ideas - and some old ones that I'd let pass me by. (I can only plead that I was so busy writing books, blogs, and editing my own work, plus books for other authors, that a lot of promotion for my books simply never happened.) Therefore, before I get back to posts on Writing and Editing, I'm going to listen to the advice I paid all that money to hear and share some of the basic promotional things I've been working on this past week.

For those new to my blog who may not know . . .

Grace's Mosaic Moments is the work of Grace Kone, who writes as Blair Bancroft. And although I stumbled onto a page on Facebook this week that said: "An anonymous source has informed us that Grace Kone is not Blair Bancroft and the page has been deleted," it just ain't so! (On further thought, I suspect I may have been the anonymous source, decrying that the "Grace Kone" in India was not Grace Kone, the author. Or perhaps it was the male Blair Bancroft who's out there somewhere, frantically saying he doesn't write Romance, not even Mystery or Suspense. In any case, after moments of extreme panic, I discovered my brand new Facebook Author Page was alive and well. That, and other links, are listed below.

BLAIR'S NEWSLETTER.
For years I have sent out my Newsletter only when a new book was coming out. And, except for a fairly obscure "button" on my website, I failed to encourage people to become Newsletter members. Mea culpa! That changes now. My web guru has added a short paragraph with a "click" link at the very top of my web front page. A click will take you to my Blair Bancroft group on Yahoo, where you can sign up to receive updates about what I'm working on, what book has just been published, and other tidbits I hope might be of interest.
For Blair's website, please click here.
 
Needed:  ARC readers
I am looking for 4 or 5 people who would be willing to read an Advanced Readers' Copy (digital) of my books and write a review, preferably the day the book comes out.
Anyone who is interested can contact me at blairbancroft@aol.com

Grace note: Just sent out my first ARC tonight (Saturday). Who else would like to join the crew?

FACEBOOK AUTHOR PAGE.
I now have a Facebook Author Page. Due to the existence of a male Blair Bancroft on Facebook, the tag is: blairbancroftauthor
I will be posting updates on what I'm writing, insights into plots, details on the characters, how the book was born, etc. If you can see your way clear to "liking" my page, I'd be most grateful.
For a link to my Facebook Author Page, click here.

GOODREADS.
I was a last holdout to Goodreads, joining just before the RWA conference and finding myself swimming in a sea of confusion. Oh happy day, one of the workshops I attended was given by a lovely Goodreads librarian who has been struggling to bring me up to speed in the Goodreads world ever since. I'm not quite there, but if you're a member of Goodreads, you are invited to "follow" me or "friend" me. Your support is much appreciated.

TWITTER.
 I've been on Twitter a long time, posting weekly links to Grace's Mosaic Moments, but only recently have I begun to take advantage of its promotional opportunities, attempting catchy or amusing tweets about my books.
You are invited to follow me @blairbancroft.

 LINKEDIN.
 I am on LinkedIn as Grace Ann Kone, where I regularly post a link to Grace's Mosaic Moments.

VENDORS.
Almost all my books are available through both Amazon and Smashwords. (Smashwords offer formats for just about every computer and e-reader in existence.) The exceptions: Tarleton's Wife, which will soon revert from Kindle Unlimited and be available on Smashwords with the other books in the Regency Warrior series. Because of a long-term contract on Rebel Princess, the four books of the Blue Moon Rising series - a SyFy Saga - are available only on Amazon. Books 2 and 3 are:  Sorcerer's Bride and The Bastard Prince (pub date 9/8/17). Royal Rebellion will not be out until 2018.

PRE-ORDER THE BASTARD PRINCE.
To order The Bastard Prince, Book 3 of the Blue Moon Rising series, at a reduced pre-pub price, click here.

Grace Note: if you saw my "Surprise Post" of 7/22/17, you know that K'kadi may be literally a bastard, as in born out of wedlock, but no way does he qualify for the more figurative meaning of the word. In fact, his primary problem is being afflicted with innocence - something that just may change in Book 3. 

BEST FOOT FORWARD - Grace's Editing Service.
To receive a PDF brochure detailing services and prices, please send an email to:
editsbyBFF@aol.com.

~ * ~ 
Okay, I suspect even those taskmaster workshop presenters at the Dolphin in Orlando might be impressed with all I've managed this week. Certainly, I'm heaving a sigh of accomplishment. Imagine, entering the world of Promo at this late date!


Next week, I promise, back to Writing & Editing, though I haven't a clue what the topic will be. ("Out of the mist," as always.)


Thanks for stopping by.


Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment