Grace's Mosaic Moments


Saturday, December 31, 2022

Gallery of English Bloopers, Oddities, etc.

 HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Unexpected Insert:

My blog complete and ready-to-go, I was taking a peek at Facebook on Saturday morning (12/31/22) when I saw a video posted by my daughter which I absolutely had to add. Evidently, she and the girls were driving home last night when they spotted a bear walking toward their house (the one with all the Christmas lights.) She whipped out her phone and began to record. To see Susie's video, click here.

 

 Gallery of Bloopers, Oddities, etc.

For all the English-lovers out there - or those who enjoy a language-related joke - this week's blog is a compilation of some of the most spectacularly awful, or just plain weird, pics I've accumulated over the years since I began this blog in January 2011. I'll begin with a new one - not found on Facebook but sent to me by my son, who took the photo at a fast-food restaurant in a Connecticut suburb (which shall remain nameless).


 


 

 

Photographed by my son in Hartford, CT

 


 

When you drop the comma before "and," sometimes the results can be really misleading.





 

 


 

And lest you forget, a timely warning label for your child's clothing . . .


 If you didn't find any of the above amusing, see below . . .


 

Grace note:  To compose the above, I used less than half the Language-related pics I've saved. Guess we'll have to have another set of Bloopers & Oddities in the future.

~ * ~

 A quick plug for my contemporary novels, most written during my years of living on Florida's Gulf Coast. Three have international settings, with major scenes set on the Connecticut Coast, where I also lived for more than a quarter century.


Romantic Suspense:

Shadowed Paradise (Venice, FL)

Paradise Burning (Venice, FL)

Hidden Danger, Hidden Heart (CT to Spain to FL)

Orange Blossoms & Mayhem (FL to Peru to France, back to FL) 

Limbo Man (NYC, CT, Colorado, FL, Siberia & Iran)

Mystery:

The Art of Evil (Sarasota, FL)

Death by Marriage (Venice, FL)

Florida Wild (Orlando, FL)

 

~ *~

For a link to Blair's website, click here.

 For a link to Blair's Facebook Author Page  click here.

 

Thanks for stopping by,

Grace (Blair Bancroft)

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment